What is it?
A chance for educators to experience the VEX Robotics System in a “hands on” environment and learn first hand how BC teachers are using robotics to inspire their students.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to build and program a VEX Robot to operate both in both teleoperated and autonomous modes. You will learn tips and techniques for presenting this material to your students.
Why does it matter?
- Robotics is a new way to teach traditional concepts
- Robotics appeals to a broad variety of students
- Robotics can increase course sign up and student enthusiasm for science and technology
- VEX Robotics is the fastest growing robotics competition in BC
- VEX Robotics is affordable… even for next year!
- Kids love it. Teachers love it. Parents love it.
Who will I learn from?
Todd Ablett, Gladstone Secondary: Todd has grown the Gladstone VEX Program into BC’s largest. His students rank among the world’s best, year after year, in international competition and placed First and Second at the 2012 World Championships.
Allan Byers, Cambie Secondary: Allan’s teams are consistent world level qualifiers and have winning prestigeous awards at both the provincial and international level.
Jason Brett, BCIT Tech.Ed. A PYRS founder and its lead technical mentor, with over 10 years of experience with high school robotics, Jason is recognised as one of B.C. top technical experts in the field.
Fellow Educators: who are experiencing success with VEX in their classrooms and schools.
- Experienced VEX Coaches
- To Be Determined
- Basic Introductory Workshop Package